Question:
why do farts make noise?
C D
2006-02-11 16:04:04 UTC
why do farts make noise?
Eight answers:
kcbeerslinger
2006-02-11 16:23:15 UTC
That's a turd asking for a right of way.
2017-01-20 16:14:31 UTC
How Do Farts Make Noise
royale
2006-02-11 16:08:59 UTC
The answer to your specific question, found at heptune.com, is as follows:

"The sounds are produced by vibrations of the **** opening. Sounds depend on the velocity of expulsion of the gas and the tightness of the sphincter muscles of the ****. Contrary to a popular misconception, fart noise is not generated by the flapping of the butt cheeks. You can see proof of this in the close-up video footage of Carl Plant's fart on Mate-in-a-State."

For the whole uncensored article named "Facts on Farts" follow the link in the source section.
Cool Chic
2006-02-11 16:09:00 UTC
Kool question. I think they make noise by the pressure of the gas. like if you put pressure on a can before opening it when you open it , it makes a sound. Hope i helped see ya
earlthek
2006-02-11 17:40:35 UTC
Like they say in the sewers..."**** happens!" Passing gas is usually a sign of things to come, and depending on the amount of gas involved, the more gas the louder the sound.
Cat In The Sink
2006-02-11 16:06:42 UTC
expelling a large amount of gas from a small space. It's a concept similar to a bilabial fricative.
mcds11211
2006-02-11 16:07:59 UTC
Don't forget to choose the best answer.

We are real people answering real questions with real answers so please show your appreciation by choosing the best answer!

From your butt cheeks flapping as the gas passes by????
fathermartin121
2006-02-11 16:08:51 UTC
Mine don't. Unless I really want to make a statement.