Question:
How long can our eyes see maximum in flat area?
niiicaaat
2006-03-04 08:48:53 UTC
How long can our eyes see maximum in flat area?
Two answers:
Highlander of the Woods
2006-03-04 08:57:28 UTC
Under ideal conditions such as no smoke, smog, dust, in a flat area, we should be able to see till infinity. Everytime you gaze at the night sky, you see stars millions and billions of miles away. However, you won't be able to see an object, say a golf ball, that is a mile away. This is because our ability to see things is limited by the resolution of our eyes i.e. how small an object we can discern. Even though bacteria are all around us, we can't see them because they are too small for our eyes to resolve. In the same manner, large objects that are very distant, will also be invisible to us. However, the earth is not flat, but curved, so the curvature also limits our ability to see distant objects. the higher up you are, the farther away you can see. Even the satellites or astronauts in space can't see more than half the area or circumference of the earth (only one side of it) when they are in space.
wildbill05733
2006-03-04 16:54:53 UTC
It depends on the highth of the person. You can see until the earth's curve.