Question:
Attention all evolutionists !! cane you prove that evolution is true?
lymber1
2006-02-28 09:27:10 UTC
I FIRMLY BELIEVE IN CREATION. PLEASE TELL MY WHY CREATION IS NOT REAL AND EVOLUTION IS. (however micro evolution and macro evolution are existent)

-----PLEASE NOTE-----------------
I HAVE YEARS OF CREATION VS EVOLUTION TEACHINGS IN MY MIND.
SO GO AHEAD AND TRY TO CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE. (I AM IN NO WAY TRYING TO OFFEND ANYBODY I JUST WANT TO BRING THE TRUTH TO LIGHT)
Ten answers:
kttwin
2006-02-28 09:39:56 UTC
Your main question is, "can you prove that evolution is true?" The answer to that is, no, one cannot prove with absolute certainty that it is "true". But one could prove it to be false (although that hasn't been done), and that's what makes it a scientific theory, as opposed to belief.

You also add a request to, "PLEASE TELL MY WHY CREATION IS NOT REAL AND EVOLUTION IS." One cannot demonstrate scientifically that creation is "not real". Again, falsifiability is a hallmark of scientific hypothesis-building and testing. Creationism cannot be scientifically disproved in this way (as it is based on belief rather than a weighing of evidence); therefore, it is not science.

Since you have years of study of this debate, you know the evidence for evolution. And you know that it doesn't prove that it is "real", simply that it is a plausible theory that provides a plausible explanation for the physical evidence, as well as scientifically testable hypotheses.

Unfortunately, in your zeal for the truth, you have simply created a straw man argument.
2006-02-28 18:24:36 UTC
Creationism is just a myth that was developed in order to comfort people. Thousands of years ago people didn't understand where they came from or how. People don't like not knowing the purpose of their existance. Leaders at the time couldn't explain anything, so they simply said "God did it" to put people's minds at ease. This is not unique to Christianity. All cultures and relgions have stories that explain the creation of the world. They all vary greatly, but their purpose is the same. They served as an "explaination" in the absence of truth.

Ancient Babylonian mythology says that the world was created when a god named Marduk kills the monster Tiamat. Tiamat's wings are torn in half and become the earth and the sky. Later Marduk kills Tiamat's husband, Kingu, and uses his blood to create mankind.

In ancient Japan it was believed that the islands of Japan were created by two gods, Izanagi and Izanami.

The Inca believed that man kind was created when Con Tiqui Viracocha rose from Lake Collasuyu and then created the Sun, Moon, and Stars. Con Tiqui then made more humans from rocks, including woman who were already pregnant. And then he sent humans to all corners of the world.

Hindus belive the world exists with in the dreams of Vishnu who wakes up every 4 billion years or so, bringing an end to the universe when Shiva appears.

Creek (not to be confused with Greek) mythology suggests that humans were created from the clay on a hill called Nunne Chaha.

Ancient Greek mythology is a long complicated story involving many gods playing out a plot that more or less resembles a modern day soap-opera.

The Māori creation myth tells how heaven and earth were once joined as Ranginui, the Sky Father, and Papatuanuku, the Earth Mother, lay together in a tight embrace. They had many children who lived in the darkness between them. The children wished to live in the light and so separated their unwilling parents. Ranginui and Papatuanuku continue to grieve for each other to this day. Rangi's tears fall as rain towards Papatuanuku to show how much he loves her. When mist rises from the forests, these are Papa's sighs as the warmth of her body yearns for him and continues to nurture mankind.

Norse mythology says that Odin and his brothers used Ymir's body to create the world. His flesh was used to make the Earth and his blood to make the sea.

These cultures and their stories were around LONG before Christianity ever even existed. And certainly any rational mind would agree that they're all just fantasies. They have a great deal of cultural value, but none of them are true. So, what exactly makes the Christian mythology, which is more or less an amalgamation of older beliefs, any different?

I'm sure you won't accept my answer. In fact I'm mystified as to why anyone who is already convinced his beliefs are right would bother ask the question you've asked. But whatever. I've presented my arguement and if it doesn't reach you it most certainly will reach someone else.
2006-02-28 18:28:03 UTC
Evolution is simply the change of organisims over time. Even Pope John Paul stated the Evolution has taken place. It is impossible to prove the evoultion has taken place with all organisms because we can not go back in time at watch them. There is a lot of scientific evidence that does support the theory however.

Creationisim can not be scientificaly proven because there is no scientific evidence for it. Creationisim is a belief. You would have to prove that a God or "higher power" exists to prove creationisim to be true. But doesn't that take the whole point out of religion. It turns a belief into a fact.
eintigerchen
2006-02-28 21:52:39 UTC
Evolution is a scientific theory. Theories can by scientific definition never be proven correct (after all there may be that one exception out there which nobody ever gotten around to figure out). While it is not possible to prove that a theory is right, it is possible to prove that a theory is wrong.

The theory of creationism (or intelligent design) can very easily be proven wrong. The theory of evolution has not yet been proven wrong. Therefore scientists accept the latter theory as a much better model of the world around us.

Try to find medical research done on creationist principles. Why do bacteria evolve (they do not "adapt"...) resistance to antibiotics?
dsgc05™
2006-02-28 17:47:09 UTC
Hi, please tell me why creation is real and evolution isn't, without using your precious bible as an excuse, and without using the opinions of any other person besides you. I want to know from YOU why god is real. What is your proof?

No proof? I didn't think so. Why don't you leave well enough alone and stop worrying about what other people believe in.
2006-02-28 19:02:09 UTC
if you can grasp the concept of evolution you don`t need to see how it all happened (allthough fossiles do give a great picture of evolution)

some 200 years ago people were shorter

some 200 years ago people lived shorter

now imagine (or look at the fossiles ) how it was 2000, 20 000, 200 000 years ago

still don`t see evolution
One
2006-02-28 17:30:15 UTC
The fossils and dating that proves that they have existed millions of years ago. Evolution is a slow process that takes many, many years to change anything. We have been growing taller, but it has taken time for that to happen.
Sir Chyver
2006-02-28 17:36:24 UTC
I call your theory the "poof" theory.You mean to tell me that one day one of us just poof,walked over the hill.No way dude.The human race has evolved and adapted to our food,our atmosphere,our surroundings.If you look at the past much has changed,that is evedent in petrified fossil records.Early trees was of the fir variety.Grass lands soon followed.Look at the fossil records of animals,and how much they have changed in just the last fifteen thousand years.
o_josie_o
2006-02-28 17:33:46 UTC
Can you prove creationism is true??? Can you DISPROVE evolution??
2006-02-28 17:38:54 UTC
i only belive in what i see, taste and feel.