Question:
Why is there no homosexuality in animals? Are they more intelligent and clean?
2006-04-07 12:15:19 UTC
Why is there no homosexuality in animals? Are they more intelligent and clean?
Eleven answers:
Dave
2006-04-07 12:18:35 UTC
You're wrong--There is homosexuality in the animal kingdom, and it's well documented. The most famous same sex pair these days are the gay penguins in the Central Park Zoo. Though they're just the most famous same-sex animal couple these days, it's not uncommon for most species. Your assertion that there are "none" is simply without merit.
Optimistic
2006-04-07 16:56:18 UTC
Of course there's homosexuality in animals. I have two male dogs and when it's mating season and there is no female dog around, they're always on each other.

And are you insinuating that human beings are not intelligent or clean because they engage in homosexuality? You don't sound particularly intelligent, and I'm sure your room is quite messy. Then by your definition you must be a homosexual.
Hopeful
2006-04-07 18:40:08 UTC
First of all, you are wrong. There is homosexuality in animals.

Second of all, are you implying that animals are more intelligent and clean than humans because animals are not homosexuals?

Who told you that all heterosexuals are intelligent and clean and that all homosexuals are not intelligent and clean?

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with cleanliness

nor intelligence. I have seen heterosexuals who are very dirty and stupid. I have also seen homosexuals who are clean and intelligent. I have seen heterosexuals who are dirty and intelligent. I have seen homosexuals who are also dirty and intelligent. Homosexuals and heterosexuals can be clean and stupid also.

And they are that way NOT because of their sexuality. They are that way because everyone in the world is different.

But then again, my understanding of "dirty" and of "inteligence" might be different from your understading of those terms.
2006-04-07 13:31:32 UTC
Animals engage in homosexual sex all the time. They are not more intelligent than us. Some of them are cleaner, but they get that way by licking themselves.
Adriana
2006-04-07 12:29:15 UTC
A gay man or lesbian woman is no more or less intelligent and clean as a straight person. Only the people who think that is true are less intelligent than the rest of us.
2006-04-07 12:20:35 UTC
You must be from the city. If you have lived in a rural area for more than a minute you will see two cows on top of each other. Of course, it happens with lots of other animals, too. Just because you haven't seen it happen doesn't mean that it doesn't.
2006-04-07 12:21:13 UTC
And it gets worse, a case documenting homosexual necrophelia in the Mallard Duck won and Ig Noble Prize.
Calimecita
2006-04-07 12:20:53 UTC
It appears that you think there is some kind of negative correlation between homosexuality and cleanliness or intelligence.

There is not.
2006-04-07 12:16:25 UTC
There is homosexuality in animals. We just don't think of it that way since they aren't human.
NeuroProf
2006-04-07 12:58:19 UTC
Homosexual behaviour is observed in nearly all animals, including flies- Anyone who has owned multiple dogs or cats has seen this, and it has been studied in wild populations of birds and primates.
R Nino
2006-04-07 16:01:24 UTC
Bonobos (aka "pygmy chimps") are bisexual, and they are one of the few animals other than humans to have sex for recreation. They will resolve disputes by having sex with each other, as if to "make up" regardless of whether males or females, same sex or opposite sex.